Prija: Namaste Swami Ji, in Holland we have a few questions.
1. How many times can we find the Gayatri Mantra in the four Vedas in total?
2. Why do people talk about reciting the Gayatri Mantra uneven or a special amount of time like 3, 7 or 108 times?
3. Do we, Aryas, also pray to Lakshmi on the day of Divali? Is it true that Ram came back on the day of Divali and what’s the origin of Divali?
4. Do we believe in kundalini shakti and how should I learn more about it?
5. Is it true that because of Swami Dayanand Ji people in the past knew how to respect Ram Ji & Krishna Ji? And what about Hanuman Ji?
6. Is pandita the same as purohitaa and should a Pandita wear a dupatta on her head also? Is a dupatta written in de Veda’s?
7. Is namaskar the same as namaste? Did Ram Ji and Krishna Ji also used Namaste?
Could you please answer in detail. Because I am really interested to learn more.
Thank you for your precious time.
Swami Ram Swarup: Namasteji. My blessings to you.
(1) Gayatri mantra has been quoted in three Vedas, three times except Atharvaved.
(2) There is no matter of uneven times/odd times or special times of reciting gayatri mantra. Vedas tell to recite /remember /to do jaap of gayatri mantra daily both times i.e., in the morning as well as in evening. However, it can also be recited more than two occasions if it suits devotee. Secondly, it gives more benefit if a devotee does daily hawan with it in the beginning and thereafter does full hawan with Sandhya mantras, which are to be learnt from learned acharya of Vedas.
(3) No, aryas never pray/worship Lakshmi but aryas always worship Almighty, formless, omnipresent God description of whom is given in vedas because lakshmipati is Himself – The God. Yes, Sri Ram came back to Ayodhya on the day and the said specific day started to be celebrated in the form of Diwali festival by the Hindus, to show their happiness.
(4) Actually, in Vedas kundalini matter has not been briefed. However, when a yogi is indulged todo hard practice of Ashtang Yoga then several divine experiences are experienced by him within his body before attaining Samadhi.
(5) Yes, Swami Dayanand Saraswati ji threw light on the people that Sri Ram and Sri Krishan were the great dignitaries of our India, they were Yogis, they knew all four Vedas, Ashtang Yog etc., but they were not God. They were most respected dignitaries for us because they also threw light on the eternal Vedic philosophy.
As regards Hanumanji, Valmiki Ramayan states that Hanumanji was also the learned of four Vedas and was also a yogi and is always respect worthy dignitary for all of us.
(6) Yes, please pandita is female gender and is learned of Vedas. Vedas tell the women to cover all the body by clothes. That is, whole body uptil wrist and ankles. The face should be kept open but head should be covered.
(7) Yes, Namaskar is same as namaste but original word is Namaste . So, we should always try to speak Namaste and in return the other person should also speak Namaste.
Namaste= Namah + Te
Namah means to be humble, te means for you.
Yes, please Sri Ram, Sri Krishan also used pious Vedic word Namaste to others. Thank you, please and you are always welcome.
Harish: Namaste swamiji !.please give english translation of yajurved 8/48 .
Ans.. Namasteji. (Patman) Oh! immoral husband (who falls down from moral duties) I make you fearful/make you to tremble from committing sensuality with other ladies, ladies who are pure like divine water.
(Patman) Oh! immoral husband (who falls down from moral duties) I warn you to keep yourself away from humble wives of others.
(Patman) Oh! immoral husband (who falls down from moral duties) I warn you to keep yourself away from humble wives of others who have maintained noble conduct.
(Patman) Oh! immoral husband (who falls down from moral duties) I warn you to keep yourself away from others’ wife who experience pleasure.
So, keep yourself away from wandering in sad manner.
(Patman) Oh! immoral husband (who falls down from moral duties) I warn you to keep yourself away from sweet-hearted wives of others.
(Patman) Oh! immoral husband (who falls down from moral duties) I warn you to be away from indulging in sexual activities in day time.