Suheal: Maharaj ji pranaam.Kindly enlighten on below two points.
1. Is it possible in todays time to achieve samadhi in grehasth life. What should be the daily routine of a grehasth person so that he can attain samadhi. How many hours of yogabhyas is required minimum for a grehasth person?
2. How to attain peace. Despite yogabhyaas practice why we don’t find real peace? Its like inner self is not happy with life. What should be done for internal peace? My koti pranaams.
Swami Ram Swarup: My blessings to you, my son.
(1) Beta time is not the matter but understanding, firm decision and thereafter hard tapasya makes an aspirant capable to achieve his motto i.e., Samadhi. The aspirant who has followed Vedic path under guidance of a learned Acharya of vedas and Ashtang yog, he sure one day attains Samadhi but it is not guaranteed that Samadhi will be attained in present or future times. But it is guaranteed that the aspirant once came under the shelter of learned Acharya, as quoted above, he leaves the “Pitriyaan Marg” and attains “devyaan marg”. In devyaan marg, he gets his next birth in a family where Rishi-munis have been already performing Yajyen, teaching Ashtang Yog Philosophy etc., and as also preached by Yogeshwar Sri Krishna Maharaj in his Bhagwad Geeta shloka 6/41,42 that a person following Vedic marg, if does not attain Samadhi then he gets next birth in Yogi’s family. There his sadhna would start from where he left in his previous life.
First of all the aspirant should follow Vedic teachings of his guru. He must get up early in the morning and should do hard practice of Ashtang Yog philosophy. Thereafter daily agnihotra/Yajyen. It means 2-3 hours practice in the morning and after coming from job etc., in the evening at least two hours must be given. So, it must be learnt that to attain Samadhi is a matter when Almighty God would shower His blessings based on our pious deeds. Nobody can measure/foresee its time duration.
(2) Our desires and little bit sadhna disturb our peace. The devotee should command over unnecessary desires and increase his daily sadhna to attain peace, leaving behind all the sins. Beta aatma is always pure and remains in peace but it is our mind and intellect which are indulged in sinful deeds which destroys the peace. That is why, daily Vedic sadhna under the guidance of guru is required.
Again, my blessings to you, my son.
Anonymous: To humlog mandir mein v puja kar sakte hai na, un time pe?
Swami Ram Swarup: Han beti aap mandir mein bhee us time par Pooja kar saktee ho Ishwar har jagah hai par ved mantra kehta hai ki usey koi vastu chhootee nahi hai. Jaise paani mein hai aur usey paani nahi chhoo sakta. Hawa mein hai par hawa nahi chhoo saktee gande gutter mein bhee hai lekin usey gandagi nahi chhoo saktee. Isliye aap shraddha se kabhi bhi aur kahin bhi Ishwar kee Pooja kar sakte ho.
Sanjib: Should Brahmin community consume non veg.? If not why? Please let me know n oblige
Swami Ram Swarup: In this connection I paste my article below:-
Vegetarian vs. Non-vegetarian
Vegetarians and non-vegetarians are two categories. Accordingly the construction of body i.e., teeth, small intestine and large intestine, and digestive system has been made by God.
Human beings come in vegetarian category. Our teeth and digestive system differs from that of cat, dog, lion etc. Some animals like cow, buffalo, goat, elephant etc., also come in the category of vegetarians. We take water by sipping but the animals who are non-vegetarian i.e., meat eaters, they do not sip but lick the water. The kind of food consumed develops our mind and body and creates natural behaviour. For example we take a cub who is newly born and nurse him by giving milk and thereafter vegetarian food only. On the other hand to another cub we provide meat, then when they will be younger their habits will differ. The cub taking vegetarian food will not be as violent as the cub who took meat.
Now medical science also says that the energy provided by vegetarian food is more than that given by non-vegetarian food. Vegetarian food gives long and ill free life. Vegetarian elephant is stronger than non-vegetarian lion.
Nobody can take meat until one inflicts violence on animals or birds etc., which is a sin. Our stomach becomes a graveyard where we gather meat by eating. As regards life in vegetarians, it does not harm them while plucking parts of plants etc. because every vegetarian plant has short life and is meant to give food to the human life. But to us meat is not entitled. Science has recently told that non-vegetarians are more susceptible to cancer and teeth degeneration as compared to vegetarians.
Non-vegetarian food is prohibited as per Vedas, shastras, Upnishads and all the ancient holy books. Vegetarian food provides with lot of calories and vitamins with the mercy of God. Please check from a dietitian about the same. Because it is lengthy one and I cannot explain here. For example dal, is full of proteins, soybean has more protein than any non-vegetarian food, which has ability to inhibit cancer also where as non-vegetarian does not. Green vegetables like palak, methi, etc., are the richest source of iron and vitamin A. So is the case of milk, curd, rice, fruit, etc., -etc.
Vedas are eternal knowledge which emanate direct from almighty God. In this creation, the knowledge emanated about one Arab, ninety –seven crore, eight lakh, fifty three thousand years ago. You see at that time, no sects existed. Secondly, the knowledge of almighty God is applicable to entire universe as air, water etc., which are universally beneficial to all. In Vedas, non-vegetarian food is strictly prohibited.
Anonymous: Pranam maharaj ji, Yaj karne ka koi time hota hai ya hum kisi bhi time yaj kar sakte hai. Pranam maharaj ji.
Swami Ram Swarup: My blesings to you my son. Yajyen karne ka sahee samay to pratah kaal jab surya kee kirnne nikaltee hee hain us samay karna chahiye aur saany kaal jab surya kee kirnne asta hone lagtee hain us se pehle pornna aahuti dal jaani chahiye parantu yeh bhi kaha hai ki suvidhaanusaar aap jub marzi Yajyen kar sakte hain.
Tarun: Pranaam Maharajji, Is Aswatthama still live? What is effect of one time or twice a day hawan in a day?
Swami Ram Swarup: My blesings to you my son. No, beta, according to Yajurved mantra 3/62 age of a human-being cannot exceed beyond 400 years. Secondly, four hundred years of age is obtained by maintaining from Brahmacharya and following Vedic preach which nowadays is hardly possible.
Beta, as many as quantity of jiggery (gud) you take, you would gain the same effect of sweetness. Similarly, if a person is able to perform Yajyen/haven daily one time, he would get less punnya (pious effect) than the aspirant who performs daily Yajyen/agnihotra twice.
IA: 1. Thank you Maharajji,Aapne Jo daan dene ki baat Kahi to yeh kisko kisko dena chhahie.
2. Me jarur Geetha padhungi,me aapki aur bhi books padhna chhahti hu.mera ek question tha ke hame yoga ya pranayam ya saadhna kis samay Karni chhahie ,kya hum naam om bhur bhuvh Ka Mann chant saraa din Kar sakte hai.
Swami Ram Swarup: Mera aapko ashiwad, beti. 1.) Beti, vedon mein toh yeh kaha hai ki jo ved ka gyata, Rishi-Muni hai, Tapasvi hai, jo Yaj karaakar punnya deta hai aur ved kee shiksha deta hai, usey daan do, weh adhikari hai. ab ved vidya na sunne ke karan jeev apnee marzi se annadhikariyon ko daan dekar prithvi par paap badaa beitha hai.
2.) Pehle to beti, Yog vidya, prannayam evam, agnihotra aadi kisi vedon ke gyata, vidwan Acharya se seekhnee chahiye. Kyunki yahi Ishwar kee sachi Pooja hai aur yog sadhna, prannayaam aadi ke karne ka samay pratah kaal evum sanyakaal hai. Han! Om naam aap sara din mann hee maan chant kar saktee hain. yeh bhi Ishwar kee bahut badi Pooja hai.