Subramaniam: Respected SwamiJi Prostrations to your Lotus Feet. I have performed Gayatri Havan some 2 years ago. I want to know if we can offer in Gayatri Havan the following items.
1. Lotus Flower – Leaf & Petal by dipping in Ghee and offer to it to the Havan Kund.
2. Bhel Patta ( 3 Leaved ) by dipping in Ghee and offer it to the Havan Kund. Generally, I offer Milk Payas with Rice, Gur Payas with Dal, Ghee, Koi etc when performing Gayatri Havan. Further, please guide me on what other ingredients, we can offer for Gayatri Havan.
Thanks & Looking forward to hearing from you.
Best Wishes & Regards
Swami Ram Swarup: My heartiest blessings to you, my son.
(1) Yes you can please offer lotus flower.
(2) Yes, Bhel patta can also be offered. Yes you can offer please. However, the three wooden sticks duly dipped in ghee will be offered as it is. For other ingredients, I paste my relevant answer:-
Yajurved says that four types of things mainly used to prepare offerings for a Yajyen:
1. Sweet Like honey, jaggery, raw sugar etc.,
2. Antibiotic herbs like gyol, etc.,
3. Nutrition like pure ghee, dry fruits etc.,
4. Fragrant materials like elaichi (cardamom) dried petals flowers etc.
21 best herbs for Havan
KASTURI, KESAR, AGAR-TAGAR, CHANDAN, JATAMASI, ELAYCHI, JAYFAL, JAVITRI, GOOGAL, NAGARMOTHA, BALCHHAD, SUGANDHBALA, DALCHINI, JAU, GILOYA, CHUARA, BADAM, AKHROT, BANAKSHA, GUD, AND KISHMISH.