VS: Guruji, Namaskar. Thanks for teaching us what we are eligible in 25 days of stay at vedmandir. We are practicing as you told and feeling better then earlier life. We are trying to get up at 4:30AM, but we are getting up at around 5:30 only. We are doing havan two time a day 2 hours after the sun rise and before the sunset (may be 10 or 15 minutes after sunset sometimes). I am presently reading mahabharat brought from the hussananand, delhi, but very slowly as hindi is not my mother toungue. I am reading a page or two daily. The following questions are ringering in my mind. 1) In one sloka, while explaining the characteristics of king dhussyant, he was proficient in GADHA yudd like VISHNU. Now I confused, is there any VISHNU named person so famous in GADHA yudd at that era or before that time?
2) In another sloka, while shakuntala telling her details: While Viswamitra doing tap, then Indra afraid of dethrowning, then he send Manaka named girl to disturb him. Is Indra a king of some part of earth at that time which is called IndraLok? after getting the son, the sloka say’s Manaka left Indralok. And how can the birds (shakunta ) save shakuntala for so much time without the mother milk etc. Just confusion please. Can I understand those two slokas by your preach?
3) I want to translate books to in Telugu Language, then what book you want me to take? (Very slow as I get a little time cause of my laziness which I am trying to get rid of it). Pranam Guruji Your son VS.
Swami Ramswarup: Namaskar. You are always welcome please. You are getting up early in the morning at 5:30 a.m., is still good and improvement in your life, God will sure give you blessings for your pious deed. Your efforts towards study of Mahabharat and performing hawan twice daily are appreciated and are sure counted towards Worship of Almighty God.
(1) Yes, please. At present also, there are several persons whose names are Vishnu, Brahma, Mahesh etc.
(2) Whatever you’re stated in your question, the story is based on thoughts and story of Menka may not be true. This fact has also been quoted in comments (foot note) on mahabharat.
(3) Your views to translate the book in Telugu are highly appreciated. A book has also been translated in Tamil. So, I would like to advise you to make contact with Shri Guruprasad of Banglore who is fully aware of translation about the books. After talking with Guruprasad, you may ask him about book yet to be translated in Telugu.
L: Swamiji, I have sevathosham in the 12th place but my partner doesn’t have. Can we marry?
Swami Ramswarup: Sevathosham, kaal sarp Yoga, Teva, nav grah, manglik are not mentioned in Vedas, so the learned of Vedas do not accept it, being unauthentic. You may go ahead, in consultation with your parents.