Pankaj: Sir, Charan Sparsh, I have heard a lot regarding past life, suddenly some people/children came And start telling who is who and he/she was dead here or there and reason also how much facts in these things and why and what for?
Swami Ram Swarup: My blessings to you. Nothing can be told in this connection because uptil now solid proof has not been established either by science or by any Yogi. One thing is clear according to the Vedas and shastras that rebirth is a true fact and a Yogi himself realises his previous births when he attains Samadhi. Even he can see the past births of anyone, says Yog shastra and Rigveda.
As said in Rigveda Mantras 10/135/1,2,3 that all souls have taken human-body to face the result of his past lives’ deeds and whatever new deeds will be done in the present life, all those will be faced in next births, so every soul has his own sanskars (impressions of deeds imprinted on chitta). Secondly, Atharvaveda states that mostly the dreams are false and generate sorrows. Thirdly, dreams and scenes, either in dreams or in memory, are created due to the effect of combination of several sanskars of past and present life. I mean to say, such soul may see dreams or scenes based on which they started telling whatever they see.
Pankaj: Sir, Charan Sparsh, I have sandhya mantra book and one more book that is Yajna Karm in which you have mentioned regarding amavasya mantras, pooran mashi mantras but don’t find any ekadishi mandtras to be recite on this particular day second thing it would be great if you could define all these three day mantras with meaning.
Swami Ram Swarup: My blessings to you. Yes, you are right, please. Erroneously, I could not explain the words and meanings of mantras of Amavasya and Poornima. The job will be completed after August 15th. However, on Ekadashi and other days, havan from daily sandhya mantras is performed.
Nidhi: Guruji Pranam, I thank you very much for your reply to my previous question. I have many questions that come to my mind and am glad have found someone who can answer those. These time too I have a few questions. Please be kind enough to answer them. I would be highly obliged.
1) Do the Vedas mention about astrology? Or is it astronomy that has been mentioned? I have heard that there are some scriptures called as Vedanganas and Astrology is one of 6 such scriptures.
2) Is it true that the astrological compatibility of partners should be matched before they are married? Is a person supposed to give up some one they like/love simply because their astrological profiles do not meet? Do vedas mention any such compatibility matching method?
3) In one of the previous questions answered by you, regarding widow re-marriage, I read that it is against the Vedas. How is it that a man is allowed to remarry if his wife has passed away? Does this not defy the fundamental law that all human beings are equal in the eyes of GOD? And if the Vedas do differentiate between a man and woman then why is it so?
4) Is it true that a woman cannot go to the temple or attend Yajyan or puja or to a place of worship during her special times? Is this stated in the Vedas? If it is forbidden why is it forbidden?
I really look forward to getting my queries answered by you. I have many questions and this seems to be the place to get them answered. Thank you for this selfless act of opening the question answer site to the general public free of cost where it makes it accessible even to the less fortunate.
Swami Ram Swarup: My blessings to you and thanks my daughter.
1. The Vedas do not mention about present astrology. Yajurveda mantra 7/48 states that we do deeds and result is awarded by God. Whatever result is awarded by Almighty God can never be changed by human-beings, however, Vedas state that Yajyen, name jaap and practice of Yoga philosophy changes the future by annihilating all previous lives’ deeds. If present astrology had been true then Rishi Durvasa saw the future of Kunti with the power of Yoga but there was no solution to destroy her problem. That is why, he gave his powerful blessings that she will be able to call/invite any learned yogi whenever she wished. With the blessings of the Rishi, Kunti got sons- Yudhishthir, Bheem and Arjun. Yes, astronomy in the form of study of non-alive celestial bodies including planets, sun, moon etc., exists in the Vedas. There are four Vedas and six Vedangs which do not include astrology.
2. No, please, it is not true that astrological compatibility of partners should be matched before marriage. Vedas state that marriage should be performed based on good qualities of both sides. For example- Boy must be earning well to support his wife and wife must know the way of creating and maintaining good atmosphere of family. I have mentioned such good qualities of both husband and wife in my book- Vedas- A Divine Light (III) in English worth Rs.100/- which can be sent to you on receipt of your demand and postal address.
No, please one should not give up his/her love just because astrological profiles do not meet. Vedas state that opposite gender must not give their heart to each other before marriage. There are several examples like that of Sri Ram, Sri Krishna Maharaj, Arjun, King Dushyant etc., where no astrological compatibility was matched before solemnizing marriage and yet they were successful marriages. Example of such astrological compatibility is not seen in ancient times when only the knowledge of Vedas was in vogue.
3. Vedas are the knowledge which emanates direct from God and is therefore, universally applicable to everyone. So, neither man nor woman is allowed second marriage. Instead, Niyog method has been made applicable by the Vedas, that too between learned man and woman. However, I have told about it that present situation is not so favourable to promote niyog. In the ancient times, the knowledge of Vedas was in vogue and the present sects did not exist so mostly the people were learned and were away from making the wife or Niyog as a means of sexual enjoyment. In Niyog, the permission of society is necessary which nowadays is not possible to obtain etc. So, if someone wants to be a religious person, he/she should maintain their lives based on adopting hard Brahamcharya by which the God is pleased and people get away forever from present and future sorrows. In the said condition, the love of a husband and wife may be everlasting otherwise mere physical charm indulges one into illusion an awards hell (sorrows etc.).
4. No, please. It is not true that woman cannot do Yajyen, pooja etc., during her special times.
I have given the answer several times on website, the article regarding which is pasted below.
God has given knowledge of four Vedas to the souls which reside in human body. God has not given the knowledge to bodies. Soul realizes God and attains salvation and not bodies. Soul is unchangeable and immortal whereas bodies are changeable and are destroyed. So souls either in the body of man or woman is entitled to chant all the mantras, to listen preach and to worship God.
Almighty God is the purest matter in the universe. You see God is omnipresent therefore also is present in our stomach, stool, urine, blood, etc., but no any matter is able to touch Him. He (God) thus always remains the purest. So woman can continue her daily hawan also. Thanking you, please and you are always welcome.