Sukrutha: RESPECTED SIR, I HAVE SO MANY DOUBTS ABOUT PURANA GRANTHAS. SOME OF THEMARE MENTIONED BELOW.
1. DOES GREEK PHILOSOPHY AND INDIAN HAVE ANY RELATION?
2. I THINK OUR PURNANA GRANTHAS ARE MOSTLY RELATED TO PSYCHOLOGY IS IT TRUE?
3. IN MY OBSERVATION A SINGLE STORY LIKE RAMAYANA IS NOT JUST A STORY BUT HAVESOME OTHER SPECIAL MEANING. IS IT TRUE?
Swami Ram Swarup: My blessings to you. There are 18 Puranns but learned of Vedas does not recognise them and never accepts them, since they contain mostly the matter which is against the Vedas. If a person goes through all the Vedas and then reads or listens to puranns, only he is capable to decide about truth and falsehood otherwise there is no option except to listen and accept-
(1) There is a fundamental law based on Vedic philosophy, of ancient and present learned acharya of Vedas that the matter which tallies with Vedas is true otherwise false. So, is the case of Greek philosophy. And naturally most of Greek Philosophy will not tally with eternal knowledge of Vedas.
(2) The main subject of all Puranns is to worship the God-Goddesses mentioned therein and is full of several kinds of stories.
(3) Authentic Ramayan is Valmiki Ramayan written By Rishi Valmikiji. It tells us the life-history of Sri Ram, Seeta, his family, Rishi-munis and fundamental teachings/laws of the Vedic philosophy, which were completely followed by Sri Ram. I’ve sung it in a CD briefing some Vedic fundamentals therein and would also like to advise you to listen to it to gain invaluable knowledge.
If you desire, the audio CD will be dispatched on receipt of your postal address. The price of the CD is Rs. 36/- only excluding postal charges.
M S: I am 3 months pregnant. Will I get a baby boy or a baby girl? I have no issue if my child is a girl or a boy.
Swami Ram Swarup: My blessings to you, my daughter.
In this connection, I would only advise you that let the result be in the hands of Almighty God and His award must be accept with thousands of thanks.