P: Highly Respected Swami Ram Swarupji, I have gone through your website & was impressed. So, I have got the inclination of writing to you a mail in the hope of getting some
suitable reply. This is in the light of my assessment that you must have experienced a lot in your life to understand it in much better way because you have given so much time to it. Hence , I very humbly submit my queries as follow.
With Saadar Pranaam, P
Questions to ask:-
1. Is salvation ( Moksha ) possible through Indian Classical Music ?
2. How to attain “ Point of Blankness of mind” – to get eternal peace (akhand shaanti)?
3. Out of billions of human bodies came & went, has anybody seen the soul associated with human or animal or what so ever, before or after birth ? And is there any proof?
4. What is the ultimate aim of life? Salvation ( Mukti )?
5. What is God? They call Rama, Krishna, Christ, Mohammad, Gautam Buddha Mahaveer etc. as Gods . Who was God before 1 million years?
6. Where the Soul goes after Salvation? Whereas without salvation the rebirth of soul enters on 13th day in a new life. Please refer to Questions & Answers – May 07, 2012 in Vedmandir.com.
7. Is there any proof of above 2 statements in some Ved or Upanishads?
8. Is there any one born or dead in last millions of years has ever given a proof of soul’s existence before birth or after death? It is really strange. This fact gives confusion in my mind whether all
this queries in mind are only taking me to result of FICTION only.
9. Then why should a man should try to achieve Salvation & not simply live a carefree life with the saying “ Eat, Drink & Be Merry ?” without caring for future lives ( about which nobody knows ).
Relevant brief history about me:-
1. My 50 years hunt for the above questions remains only “ ?” till at the age of 71yrs now. I started with this question from 1961 after passing my post graduation from Allahabad University at the age of 20yrs. After this I have been to various renowned Swamijis & Yogies and travelled on Pad Yaatra from Rishikesh upto Yamunotri Dhaam in 1963 sleeping in deep forests in the nights in Chatties. After that I travelled all the 4 dhaams in India and met many sadhus, yogies, students etc. in search of such questions as above.
2. I sent more than 100 mails also to big Hindu Religious Organisations though internet, but not even a single one replied any of them. Why?
3. I had the most successful business career in my past. But I left India for good nearly 11 years go.
4. I had done Sangeet Prabhakar in Violin in year 1965 & did Senior Music Diploma in Vocal music from Allahabad University in 1960. I also practised pure Indian classical music in the light of attainment of Akhand Shaanti by playing at one time about 8 to 10 hrs every day . My choice raga was Pooriya Dhanashri (and still it is one of my few favourites ) in which I found the depth of Sur of Ma (Teevra) Re (Komal) Ga (Shudhha) blend for many hours & could find some eternal peace in the combination. Like wise I tried hundreds of musical combinations in Thumri Ang & Alaap in various melodious rags i.e. Piloo, Khamaj, Pahari, Bhairavi & Bageshwari in particular.
5. I mentioned above a part of reference of my personal history to explain my life’s desire to get the reply of my various questions mentioned above.
BUT WHO HAS TIME TO READ MY VYATHA & THE GREAT QUESTION “?”
I am hoping to get a detailed reply, however if that is not possible please do provide a short reply no matter what. Saadar Pranam, P.
Swami Ram Swarup: My blessings to you.
(1) No, please salvation is not possible through Indian classical music only. Salvation is deep subject but all those who devote time to listen Vedas and other spiritual books in which salvation matter is mentioned may attain. First thing, after final destruction when again creation starts
it is called non-sexual creation wherein no guru/spiritual master exists to give knowledge.
Everybody is ignorant. Now, it is fundamental and unchangeable law that until knowledge is given by a learned dignitary to others, knowledge can’t be attained. So there was only an alive, eternal,
everlasting matter i.e., God Who gives knowledge of four Vedas to four Rishis and then knowledge spreads. Salvation matter is well briefed by God in Vedas. In short Vedas tell that the aspirant who listen Vedas does name jaap of God-Om daily both times, does hawan/Yajyen from Ved mantras and hard practice of Ashtang Yoga philosophy under the guidance of a learned acharya of Vedas and Ashtang Yoga Philosophy; he in turn if becomes capable then attains salvation.
Vedas is a knowledge which emanates direct from God and generates in the heart of Rishis as quoted above. Vedas is not a book. So, Vedas like Formless Almighty God are eternal, everlasting i.e., immortal, unchallengeable and unaltered. So, salvation as quoted above is attained.
Further study of Valmiki Ramayana (not Tulsikrit) and 10,000 shlokas of Mahabharat epic, Shatpath Brahmin Granths and other sanskrit Granths written by Ancient Rishis reveals that after attaining salvation Rishis-munis used to sing Saamveda mantras and Rigveda Gayatri chhand etc., in which praise of only One Formless God exists.
(2) I’ve explained the eternal worship of God, above and this is the only way to get permanent peace and salvation. I would also like to advise you to read some of my vedic books and listen to audio Cds in which spiritual songs along with preach are available. This will enable you to get lot of knowledge about science, pious deeds and eternal worship of God. For example, Vedas tell that yajyen is the most Supreme pious deed and Yajyen means –
Meaning of Yajyen
Yajyen means Devpooja, sangatikarann, daan. Devpooja means services rendered to five dignitaries who are called dev/devta. Those five dignitaries are- mother, father, atithi (guest who knows at least one Veda), acharya (learned of Vedas and yoga) and God. in addition, one should give respect and love to elders and shower love to younger ones. Sangatikarann means services given to a true religious master at one’s level best so as to gain the spiritual education in return. Daan means donation. Donation is to be given to the true spiritual master who is learned of Vedas, yoga philosophy and other holy granths and after doing true worship he should’ve gained full control over his senses, mind and perceptions. In addition, donation is given to real needy person. The said knowledge is attained in agnihotra, hawan and yajyen. Now, the yajyen means where the learned of four Vedas presides and Agnihotra is being conducted by offering aahutis in proper way under guidance of Brahma. Again, I may tell you that Brahma means alive, learned spiritual master who knows four Vedas, Ashtang Yoga Philosophy.
List of books is appended below, please —–
S. No. NAMES OF BOOK COST PAGES
1. PATANJAL YOG DARSHAN PT I 131.00 332
2. PATANJAL YOG DARSHAN PT II 300.00 295
3. VEDIC PRAVACHAN SANGRAH(Reprinted) 120.00 118
4. VEDIC SATSANG SANGRAH PT II 12.00 29
5. MANAV DHARAM SHIKSHA 21.00 88
6. ATMIK UDGAR 51.00 42
7. DIL SE DIL KI BAAT 21.00 20
8 YAJ KARAM SARVSHRESHTH ISHWAR POOJA 65.00 132
9. BRAHAMCHARYA DUKH NIVARAK DIVYA MANNI 100.00 173
10. MRITYU EK KATU SATYA 20.00 63
11. BHAJAN KIRTAN 40.00 64
12. SHRIMADBHAGWAD GEETA EK VEDIC RAHSYA (CHAP. 1-6) 400.00 739
13. SHRIMADBHAGWAD GEETA EK VEDIC REHASYA (CHAP. 7-12) 400.00 594
14. SANDHYA MANTRA 25.00 33
15. VEDIC PRAVACHAN SANGRAH PT II 120.00 124
16. SHRIMADBHAGWAD GEETA EK VEDIC RAHSYA (Chap. 13-15) 250.00 246
(IN HINDI 1-16)
17. VEDANTA & ETERNAL VEDAS’ PHILOSOPHY PT I 31.00 77
18. VEDANTA AND ETERNAL VEDAS’ PHILOSOPHY PT II 20.00 92
19. YOGA A DIVINE VEDAS PHILOSOPHY 65.00 123
20. VEDAS A DIVINE LIGHT Pt. I 80.00 190
21. PROTECT THE HOLY COW, SAY VEDAS 40.00 58
22. VEDAS A DIVINE LIGHT PT. II 121.00 279
23. VEDAS A DIVINE LIGHT PT. III 100.00 126
24. VEDAS A DIVINE LIGHT PT. IV 100.00 154
25. VEDAS A DIVINE LIGHT PT. V 140.00 104
(IN ENGLISH 17-25)
26. VEDA – DIVYA GNANA (TRANSLATED IN KANNADA)
(Originally in English as VEDAS A DIVINE LIGHT PT. I ) 120 202
LIST OF CASSETTES & CDs Sung by Swamijee
1. SANT VANNI CASSETTES (PT 1-8) 35.00 EACH
2. BHAJ GOVINDAM CASSETTE 35.00
3. VCDS VEDOIN KEE CHHAWON TALE PT1&2 50.00 EACH
4. ISHWAR KEE AWAZ SUNO (ACD) 36.00
5. SAB MEIN VYAPAK JYOTI EK (ACD) 36.00
6. SANT VANNI PT. 1-4 (ACD) 35.00 EACH
7. VALMIKI RAMAYAN (ACD) 36.00
8. ISHWAR BIN SUKH NAHIN (ACD) 36.00
9.SARVAVYAPAK ISHWAR MAHIMA SUNO(ACD) 36.00
10. SAB GOBIND HAI (ACD) 45.00
11. AMRIT VANNI VED 36.00
This all, you’ll be able to listen in cds and read in books, in detail. I’ve written (Patanjal Yog Darshan) which will also be beneficial to you to study , if you desire 30% discount will be given to you.
(3) There are three eternal and everlasting matters Almighty God, souls; which are alive and prakriti which is non-alive. Said three matters are never seen, being minutest, subtlest, but are
realized by a yogi after attaining salvation.
(4) Ultimate aim of life is to attain Samadhi to realize God and after realizing God, salvation is attained. The path in short, to attain salvation has been briefed above. But we must know that above quoted worship is continued while discharging all family, social and national duties. So, Vedas tell to get progress in worldly knowledge i.e., science, maths etc., to know pious form of deeds and to do only pious deeds and third is to worship God, as quoted above. One sided progress is not allowed in Vedas. No doubt ultimate aim is salvation but salvation is not attained without getting help from worldly matters i.e., education and earning to live upon etc.
(5) In the Vedas, there is only One Formless God, whom I’ve explained above. If you study my books you’ll get immense knowledge about God. However, I paste my article below:-
God is formless
Being formless there is no need of statue or temple of God according to Vedas. As a matter of fact, you, I or every human being, lives in a body. Body is separate, we are called souls. Vedas say soul has no form even. Then also we know each other. For example even if you have not seen the photograph of King Akbar then, you can know Akbar by means of the study of his qualities. So is the case with the God. If an aspirant really goes to his Guru and listens Vedas like Shri Ram, and ancient kings and their public then he will be able to know hundred percent about formless
God. Then comes realization for which Vedas (especially Samveda) says
that he who performs Yajyen, does jaap (according to Vedas) and practises Ashtang Yoga Philosophy while remaining in family like Shri Ram etc., he sure realizes, being eternal law.
If we will meditate concentrating outside our body which is also against Vedas/Ashtang Yoga Philosophy, then our attention will always naturally remain outside i.e., attached with outer world i.e., decoration/music/dances etc. In that case subject matter of God will be over. It will be converted into spending fun, doing dances and singing attractive songs by ladies and gents, which is totally against Vedas. Thus the chapter of praising God, True Acharya, Rishi-Munis, performing
Yajyen, practice of Ashtang Yoga, eternal knowledge of Vedas etc., will be over.
It is also baseless to say that study of Vedas and practice of yoga philosophy is difficult. It is self made story because Vedas are also called Shruti i.e., Vedas are to be listened first and not to be studied. So to listen to the Vedas, a learned Acharya is needed. The Acharya will explain the Ved mantras in the Yajyen in your own language i.e., in English or Urdu etc., and for an aspirant to do asan, pranayaam, meditation etc., is also not difficult. It is all difficult for those human beings, including present false prophets, (who are against the Vedas), who are lazy, can’t awake early in the morning to listen Vedas and fail to do practice of yoga philosophy. Those people are always after money, materialistic articles and pomp and show etc.
Vedas are not written or spoken by God. This knowledge is emanated from God and is originated in the heart of four Rishis as stated above. God is Almighty i.e., He has all powers. So He needs no assistance to do deeds of universe. In human body alive soul resides and soul is dependent, soul
requires mouth to speak, eye to see, hand to write etc., etc. but not God. From His power God originates the knowledge of Vedas in the rishis without writing, or speaking etc. Vedas’ knowledge is divine. The fundamental of the Vedas is this that it was not written or spoken. The knowledge by the power of God was originated about one Arab 96 crore, 8 lakh and 53,111 years ago. Then first time the four rishis of nonsexual creation started pronunciation of the mantras by the power of God. God wanted them to know word meanings and sense of the mantras and therefore the rishis knew all. Then first time the four rishis started pronunciation of the mantras. They taught the mantras to other ignorant people. Then more rishis were produced who knew the Vedas by heart by
listening only. There was no paper, ink or pen there. The Vedas were being learnt orally and traditionally this process is yet in force. But mostly not by heart but taking help of the printed book. So printed books are not called Vedas but these are called samhita.
Samhita means the collection of Ved mantras. Therefore Present printed books cannot be considered as Vedas and will never be in future, but samhita. Kapil Muni throws light on this point in his Sankhya Shastra sutra 5/48 that when a rishi does tapsya in the shape of Yajyen, study of
Vedas, practice of Ashtang Yoga then the Ved mantras still (now also) originate in heart of the Rishi and the rishi pronounces the mantras. Those mantras are called Vedas, which emanate from God. So Vedas must first be listened (study) from alive Acharya (Guru who knows Vedas). Then only Samhita (books of Vedas) can help.
Are Brahma, Vishnu, Mahesh Gods?
Brahma, Vishnu, Mahesh are not God. Vedas tell that there is only one formless God who never takes birth. He creates, nurses and destroys the universe. His power is enough to create and control the whole universe. He is Almighty i.e., He has all unlimited powers and therefore He does not
need any assistance to create, nurse and destroy the universe by Brahma, Vishnu, Mahesh. If God needs assistance then He will not be called Almighty. So God does not need any support but we all humans as well as all living beings need His support and blessings every time.
However, in Vedas, there are innumerable names of Almighty God according to His divine qualities. So Brahma, Vishnu, Mahesh etc., are also the names of the formless Almighty God. Brahma means the greatest. Vishnu means omnipresent and Mahesh means the greatest.
It is the personal matter of worship or not to worship. So atheists are also there. But it is very clear that God in Vedas as clarified that He Has blessed the human being with human body to worship and realise God. Nobody can attain happy life in the absence of worship of God. One more
thing is clear from Vedas in which God states –Oh man/woman you live on the earth given by God and all comforts provided by the God. And if you do not remember/worship God then it is sin and punishment is awarded by the God.
Very few persons know that present science has also come out from Vedas, especially Rigveda. The knowledge of Vedas also emanates from God. So, it is clear that scientist also enjoy science which is given by God. God is not only the matter of blind faith. It is the matter of discussion with a learned acharya of Vedas and Yoga philosophy who from Vedas, shastras and Upnishads etc., and scientifically also prove the existence of God. For example- we see the creation and can think deeply that who has created it or is it a job of man/woman, scientist etc., then automatically after long discussion we would reach on the conclusion that men/women/scientist have not created the universe and then He who has created is called Almighty God.
Vishnu is also a name of formless, Almighty God based on quality. Quality is a sunder- “Vishnu” word is made from “Vishlari” Dhatu and the sense of Vishlari” is omnipresent. So he who has the quality of being Omnipresent at all times without a second’s break, He is Vishnu and no other Vishnu exists equivalent to this God. Similarly, Brahma= “Vri Vridhau” i.e., the biggest amongst the universe. Naturally, He is Almighty God. So, the name of Almighty God is also Brahma. Similarly, according to Yajurveda mantra 16/41 shiv means he who is beneficial/causes welfare, is shiv.
The most beneficial, who creates and nurses the universe is Almighty God. So, Shiv is also name of Almighty God.
(6) After salvation, soul always remains with almighty God and experiences divine pleasure always.
(7) For salvation, please refer:-
(a) Rigveda mantra 1/24/1,2
And for rebirth see Yajurveda mantra
(b) Taiteeryopnishad, Brahmanand Valli, Partham anuvaak.
(8) Matter of giving proof about souls asked by you is only mentioned in Vedas and Vedas are self-proof. Secondly, in Yog Shastra, a Rishi tells about his previous births. Alive Yogi also knows about rebirth and he alone is the yogi, who has attained salvation by doing above quoted worship.
(9) Every person desires happiness and not sorrows. It is a fundamental law that form of happiness is Almighty God only and when any person worships Him then he attains permanent peace and salvation. So, worship is essential and main motto of human life is to worship God to
attain salvation/divine pleasure.
Otherwise, how a person without such worship can live a carefree or life free of sorrows. When Ravanna, Duryodhan, Kansa who were atheists could not spend carefree life then what to talk about normal, general public.
I’ve read your life history, I advise you to sing spiritual songs, if possible.