Ajay: Who I am? Why I am here in this world?
Swami Ram Swarup: We all human-beings are the purest souls, not body. According to Rigved mantra 10/135/1, 2, we all have been blessed with human body by God to face the result of our previous lives’ deeds in the shape of sorrows and happiness. This is the state of general ordinary human-beings. But who, by their efforts become learned, they may contact with learned of Vedas and Ashtang Yog and by destroying all their deeds, attain salvation. This is the purpose of taking birth.
Anonymous: How to build an understanding of the qualities of God?
Swami Ram Swarup: Namaste ji.
(1) Unlimited Divine qualities which exists in Formless God, other self-made Gods do not contain.
(2) The authenticity is obtained from Ved mantras , that is, any view if tallies with ved mantra is true otherwise false. For example Idol worship does not exist in four vedas, six shastras also. So, being unauthentic, learned do not accept idol worship.
(3) According to vedas, God is omnipresent but no other God can be treated Omnipresent.
(4) Formless God creates, nurses and destroys the universe, at a stipulated time. Nobody else attains this power. Can the self-made Gods create the universe or even a small leaf of a tree?
(5) According to Rigved mandal 10 sukta129 mantra 2Formless, Almighty God is only told by God as alive during final destruction and that too without any air, food , water etc. but no other God is seen during the period of destruction because all four vedas state that GOD IS ONE and not 2,3,4 etc.
(6) He is Almighty and therefore needs not to do any worldly deed with the help of any one else. Where as other self made Gods need help.
(7) In Rigved ,it is told that God is –“Aj ek Paadah” I.e., never takes birth and is totally away from death(being immortal).
(8) God is pure and formless. So needs not to wear clothes and take bath.
(9) Bhagwad Geeta shloka 18/61 And Yajurved mantra 40/5 state that God is seen after long and hard Ashtang Yog practice and study of ved mantras but normally people search Him outside the body.
So, thousands of reference of vedmantras, shastras Upnishads , Mahabharat, Valmiki Ramayan etc suggest above quoted fact.