J Singh: What is Mangal Disha? What are the remedies? Can it be whole life or just few years in life?
Swami Ram Swarup: “Mangal Disha” subject matter is not mentioned in Vedas, so learned do not accept it.
In pursuit of Divine: Respected Guruji, Sadar Pranam.
1) My wife and myself have started doing havan daily at home- two times.Guruji, while the morning havan can be done before leaving for office, the evening havan i am performing as late as 11.00 -because i get late while coming back from office. Is this OK to do havan so late? I need your advice on this.
2) We want to have a healthy child. In this regard, you have advised performing yajna on Amavasya and poornima. Can the havan also be done in the same way as the yajna would be done on amavasya and poornima. Because in the book ‘Sandhya mantra’ only yajna is mentioned to be performed. Further, Guruji- we are performing havan with Gayatri mantra only. But the Sandhya mantra has so many mantras. Should we do all the mantras and should the aahuti be given for all mantras or only for mantras that have ‘Svaha’ at the end?
3) Guruji, i am willing to learn ashthang yoga. How do i find if the guru is qualified? I am based out of Chennai.
4) I am reciting the ‘Gayatri Mantra’ by correctly pronouncing it. I also learnt it from the pronounciation that is posted as one of the videos of your havan. However, as you state that the mantra has to be learnt under a Guru in person- how do i do that?
Seeking your blessings
Swami Ram Swarup: My blessings to you.
(1) Its O.K. even if its that late.
(2) Yes, hawan can also be performed in the same manner. Yes, aahutis should be given for those mantras that contain swaha in the end.
(3) Actually, guru is seeked personally. So, please try yourself to seek a guru. No doubt, it is a difficult deed/task but should be done. If your search does not satisfy you then you may come here to discuss the matter personally.
(4) One should try to listen the mantra personally from a guru. However, if in the video, the mantra is being chanted by a guru, then in the beginning, a devotee should listen it carefully to follow.
Yet, the devotee will have to see the guru in person to get the knowledge, being a tradition and a fundamental law.
Again, my blessings to you.
Prasad: Pranam Swamiji, In some of your answers you said their is no Swarg and Narak in Sky and it is in earth according to our deeds. Can you please eradicate my doubts on the following mantras with proper meaning if it is wrong. The wives of Gandharvas are called Apsaras (beautiful celestial maidens). – Athavaved 2:2:4
They dance to the music made by their husbands. Urvasi, Menaka, Rambha and Tilottama are the most famous among them. -Atharvaved 2:2:5
“Full lakes of butter with their banks of honey, flowing with wine, and milk and curds and water, abundant with their overflow of sweetness, these streams shall reach you in the world of Svarga, whole lakes with lotus-blossom shall approach you.” [Atharvaved 4:34:6]
“Never does want or evil fortune visit those who prepare oblation called VishtÄ
�ri. He goes unto the Gods, he dwells with Yama, he joys among Gandharvas meet for Soma.” [Atharvaved 4:34:3]
Swami Ram Swarup: My blessings to you. In Atharvavveda mantra 2/2/4 the meaning of ‘Gandharvam’ is God and not anything else.
Vedas is a knowledge which emanates directly from Almighty God in the beginning of each creation. Since, it is knowledge so it does not contain any history, story or proper noun (name of any person etc.)so, the said Atharvaveda mantra 2/2/5 contains no name of any apsara or mention of any music made by their husbands etc. “Tabhyaha” for those “Gandharva Patnibhyaha” means the wife of God. “Apsarabhyaha’ is divine power. “Namah akaram” I bow down i.e., I bow down before the divine powers of Almighty God which are wandering in the universe.
Idea of Atharvaveda mantra 4/34/6 is only this that we must follow the vedic path. Then in our houses there will be no scarcity/shortage of ghee, honey, pure water, milk, curd. Mantra adds that house should be surrounded by a small pond having blooming lotus flowers. In mantra there is no mention of wine please. Because Vedas strictly prohibit taking in non-vegetarian and any kind of addiction.
In the ancient times, houses were constructed as directed in Ved mantras but nowadays it is not done.
In the Atharvaveda mantra 4/34/3 there is mention of preach of knowledge. Mantra states that “ ye” those who “vishatrinnum” extend their powers , they “audanum” food of knowledge “pachanti” cook i.e., the learned devotees , try their level best to get the divine knowledge from Vedas to extend their divine powers.
Mohammad Ishaq: Respected Swamiji, As u accept that there is only one God who is Eternal and Absolute, and from the beginning of the mankind, human being is instructed to worship one God in the way which he prescribed. My question is IS IT NOT ILLOGICAL FOR THE MANKIND TO LIVE IN DIFFERENT SECTS AND RELIGIONS WHERE ONE GOD CAN PRESCRIBE ONLY ONE WAY OF LIFE WHICH CAN LEAD TO ETERNAL LIFE IN THE HEREAFTER and also IT IS NOT ILLOGICAL THAT ONE GOD CAN SUGGEST DIFFERENT WAYS OF WORSHIP FOR DIFFERENT REGIONS ? pls reply, and do not forget to post my question on your website, thank you.
Swami Ram Swarup: Ishaq Bahijaan, meri dua hai aap hamesha sukhi rahein.
Yes, Vedas preach to worship only one Formless, Almighty Immortal God Who creates, nurses and destroys the universe.
Study of our ancient holy books like Mahabharat, Valmiki Ramayan, six shastras, upnishads etc., reveals that those people continuously worshipped only the said God. After mahabharat war i.e., 5,300 years ago the knowledge of Vedas started declining and therefore people made their own ways of worship. In the ancient time, there was no sect etc.
So, if mankind makes its own ways of worship then what can be done now? But , eternal truth is this which is told by you and which is quoted above.
In Vedas, there is no mention about several sects etc., and the worship which is being done against the Vedas.
So, Almighty God has not /cannot preach about different ways of worship for different religions.