Rashmi Sahu: Respected Guru ji, Charansparsh and pranaam for all of us, Guru ji maharaj, Please explain me Devi suktam of Vedas with all mantras i want to recite this Sukta. Further Guru ji maharaj I wonder why Gautam Buddha Said there is no God, whether he was able to achieve Dharmmegh Samadhi?
Guru ji Can you please tell specific Ved mantras with which we can do havan for Our Mother Land Bharat and its protection from our enemies, which pleases God and he dispels the illusion spread currently on our land of countless rishis.My personal experience says when we deeply pray for welfare/protection of nation in Havan He listens. With regards to you and everybody at ashram. Rashmi
Swami Ramswarup: My blessings to you all, my daughter. Devi suktam are not there in Vedas please. Gautam Buddha did hard Tapasya in dense jungle. Perhaps his views were based on the line that if a person realizes himself that is soul then perhaps he would be able to realize God. No further comments can be offered please. Yes, my daughter the requisite mantra is as follows:-
“AA BRAHMAN BRAHMANNO BRAHMVARACHSEE JAYATAMA RASHTRE
RAJANYAHA SHOOR ISHVYOTIVYADHEE MAHRATHO JAYATAAM DOGDHREE
DHENURVODHAN DVANASHUHU SAPTHIHI PURANDHIRYOSHA JISHNOO
RATHESHTHAHA SABHEYO YUVASYA YAJMANASYA VEERO JAYATAM NIKAME
NIKAME NAH PARJANYO VARSHTU FALVATYO NA AUSHADHYAHA PACHYANTAM
YOGKSHEMO NAH KALPATAM”
(Yajurveda mantra 22/22)
“YAT TE MADHYAM PRITHIVI YACHCHA NABHYAM YASTA URJASTANVA
SAMBBHOOVUHU. TASU NO DHEHYABHI NAH PAVASVA MATA BHOOMIHI PUTRO
AHAM PRITHIVYAAHAA PARJANYAHA PITA SA U NAH PIPARTU”
(Atharvaveda mantra 12/1/12)
Again my blessings to you all, my daughter.
Bipin Badheka: Pranam, Swamiji. Charan Sparsh. I had placed this question earlier but have not yet received reply. So could you please confirm & reply to this. Sorry to bother you for this. Swamiji, as informed earlier, with your blessings I am doing hawan daily both times with Gayatri Mantra. After receiving book of Sandhya Mantra, I am learning other Ved mantras as given in it along with its meaning. Now swamiji I kindly request you to guide me for below.
(1) I think mantras shall be chanted and its ahuti in hawan shall be given only after I understand meaning of it and able to chant it correctly. Since I am learning it gradually can I chant few mantras initially & give only those ahuti initially and later go on increasing as I learn it?
(2) I would prefer to chant Ved mantras by heart (to chant by own without reading in the book) after learning it. So whether my thinking is correct or mantras can be chanted by reading in books? So as per Vedas how it shall be chanted and which is more correct/beneficial?
(3) As informed earlier, I want to come to your ashram and meet you for your blessings and guidance but for time being due to busy office schedule it seems difficult in short term but would definitely come once I can make it. I want to learn Vedas from you but practically due to far distance it seems difficult but I am thankful to God that he got me contact to you and you are my first guruji from whom I have come to know about eternal Vedas and motto of life so again I am doing charan sparsh to your pious feet and seek your blessings. So Swamiji, besides doing hawan with gayatri & Ved mantras, as per your advice I want to listen and learn Vedas from learned acharya (who knows Vedas & done hard ashtang yoga) in Mumbai. So could you please give me name of such acharya whom do you know in Mumbai or could you please give me contact no. of your disciples in Mumbai who are learning from any such acharya in Mumbai as per your advice.
Besides these, what shall I do simultaneously (meditation / yoga)? Please guide me and I would be grateful to you if can help me in this regard. Pranam.
Swami Ramswarup: My heartiest blessings to you, my son to perform havan daily.
1. I have prepared VCD and audio CD, chanting the daily sandhya (havan mantras) and also chanting of Gayatri mantra along with its meaning in Hindi language and in English. So, you can learn now easily to chant havan/sandhya mantras along with process to perform havan. In the beginning, please only try to learn to chant Ved mantras and give aahutis in burning pious fire. Side by side, you may learn words meanings of Ved mantras separately. The study of Ved mantras with words and meanings, is itself a Tapasya.
2. Mantras must be chanted orally while reading the book. In the havan, Ved mantras are always chanted orally and not by heart.
3. Yes, you are always welcome here in the ashram anytime. Boarding and lodging are free here.