Rishi: Swamji charan sparsh, is earth par sabse pehla desh kaun sa tha… itne saare desh kaise ban gaye.. aur sab alag alag kyun hain.. sab log hindi kyun nahi bolte.. agar BHARAT pehla desh hai.. to sab log bhartiye jaise kyun nhai hain.. krpa bateyen?
Swami Ramswarup: My blessings to you. Pehla desh Trivishtup i.e., Tibet tha jahan manushya jaati utpann huee thee. Desh ka arth hota hai public (janta). Jab generation badtee chalee gayee to janta bhi aagey-aagey nayee-nayee jagah basti chalee gayee aur aisey naye-naye desh bante chale gaye.
Bhoogol ki drishtee se manushyon nein apnee-apnee alag-alag culture aur bhasha banai , nahin to sabse pehle Sanskrit bhasha hee ek bhasha thee jo sab jagah bolee jaatee thee.
Y: How to remove fatness from legs and thighs?
Swami Ramswarup: You should go for a long morning walk daily, should do daily exercise. You should also learn and do daily asan and prannayam. Take plenty of water daily. Avoid junk, fatty food, if you are taking non-vegetarian, you should immediately leave it. Avoid always sweets which are available in market.
R: Pranam sir, thanks for answering the questions, I want to ask why different people have different thinking capability . Is there any way to increase the mind power. Thanks in advance.
Swami Ramswarup: My blessings to you. You are welcome, please. Different people have different thinking ability based on their respective previous and present lives’ deeds and due to the effect of good and bad society. So, one should always attend good society because character is the best wealth of a person. Yes, one should increase the mind power by doing daily havan with Ved mantras doing asan and prannayam under the guidance of a learned acharya. Secondly, one should daily read good newspapers and magazines, to increase general knowledge.
M: How to remove pimples and whiteheads on face? I have tried many treatments of allopathy and they have become worse.
Swami Ramswarup: My blessings to you. You are advised to consult now any experienced homeopathy doctor.
Prakash: Swamiji Pranam. My request to your holiness to enlighten me about the following. I will be greatly honoured.
(1) MIND What is mind? Why do we have a mind? And what is its purpose? Does it exist after death?
(2) INTELLIGENCE What is intelligence? Why do we have it? What is its purpose? And how is it different from Mind?
(3) CONSCIOUSNESS What is consciousness and how do we know that we are conscious?
(4) EGO What is ego? Why do we have it? And what is its purpose?
(5) SPIRIT/ SOUL/ ATMA What is spirit, soul or atma? Why do we have it? How do we know That we have it? What is its Objective?
I will be very much obliged and I extend my sincere thanks to every one for their opinions.
Swami Ramswarup: My blessings to you, my son.
(1) In this regard, I paste my relevant answer after reading the same, you may ask any query, if any.
Is Mann an agent of soul?
Mann is not agent of soul when I hear these words from some saints also then it shocks me that mostly the saints are not learned of Vedas. Mann, budhi, chitta, ahankar are made of non-alive Prakriti. Soul is alive matter so how can mann etc., which are non-alive matters, be agents of soul. Actually system of human body made by Almighty God is that Five senses (i.e., eyes, nose, tongue, ears , skin) get information of worldly pictures, affairs, deeds etc., and send the same to mann. Mann sends to intellect (budhi) and budhi sends to soul to get final decision. The said process is eternal.
Soul has forgotten his original form due to effect of illusion. Therefore soul acts according to the chitta vritti when Vedic knowledge is gained and aspirants follow the path of Vedas then soul knows himself and illusion gets over.
Mind and intellect
Mind i.e., mann collects the data from five senses and sends it to intellect (Buddhi). The buddhi then sends it to soul to decide action etc. So mind and intellect both are necessary to observe each matter of universe, to study, the Vedas, to do worship etc., to realise God.
Hriday is heart where palpitation occurs. Mann is the minutest matter which can’t be seen but whatever thinking is being created, is the job of mann and we can control the bad thinking, thoughts etc. since everybody knows about his/her good or bad thinking. The control is possible only by real worship of God based on Vedas especially practise of yoga philosophy.
Mann is made of non-alive Prakriti. So, mann is also a non- alive matter. Within the body, mann (mind), buddhi (intellect), chitta ( We receive worldly information through five organs, i.e. Eye, Ear, Nose, Tongue and Skin which is contained by our ‘Chitta’. Whatever effects are made on ‘Chitta’ by the information, the Chitta acts accordingly. So, when a situation arises, our thought relating to the information goes out of our ‘Chitta’ and acts accordingly.” These incoming and outgoing thoughts relating to ‘Chitta’ are called ‘Vritti’ i.e., ‘Various Forms’), Ahankar (power which tells us about our existence that we are man, woman etc.) exist. There are five senses/perceptions and five organs of action.
Five senses are- eyes, ears, nose, tongue and skin which collect the outwardly information and send the same to mind and mind sends to intellect and intellect to Atma. Here, the meaning of Atma is soul who is alive matter.
Soul resides in body but is always separate from body. The five organs are mouth, hands, legs, two excretory organs from where waste products and urine is passed out.
(2) Intelligence means that intelligent person has extra ability/knowledge and his mind (intellect) is the more sharp than others. This all is based on his hard working towards right path. Intelligent person has long, happy life. Mind, is called mann in Hindi and quality of mann is quoted above, which is quite different from intelligence. Intelligence relates to intellect.
(3) Knowledge attained through hard working about worldly as well as spiritual matters etc., is called consciousness. If we are praised by learned persons then based on our learning and hardworking quality, then we must know that we are conscious otherwise not.
(4) Ego i.e., pride is generated within those who do not follow the Vedic/religious path and accordingly do not worship Almighty God to control their five senses and mind. So, due to freedom of the five senses(eyes, ears, nose, tongue, skin) and mind, a person , if becomes healthy, wealthy, has some art like that of music etc., he feels himself to be above heaven, being duly indulged in illusion- pride. Accordingly his downfall starts. You may see the example of Ravanna, Kansa, Duryodhan, Napoleon, Aurangzeb, Alexander etc., who considered themselves above others duly indulged in pride and were destroyed.
(5) Atma/spirit/soul are synonymous to each other. It is also called Jeevatma. Somewhere, atma also signifies Almighty God but at this juncture, a learned decides , based on divine qualities of almighty God and souls as to which one is God and which one is soul. In this connection, I paste my article.
QUALITIES OF SOULS (JEEVATAMA)
Soul is alive. Soul has to face the result of his deeds. Soul takes body of human beings, animals, birds, trees etc., according to deeds of past lives. Soul feels sorrow, happiness etc., through body. When soul leaves body, it feels nothing but carries all karma to be faced in next birth through his chitta’s (chitta) vritti (vritti).
Souls are innumerable but are constant in number having similar qualities like being pure, immortal, alive etc. Soul is infinitesimally small, is invisible. The bodies of all living beings contain souls.
Not God but soul has desire, hatred/malice, merriment, sufferings, attachment etc. While attracting itself towards materialistic articles made of prakriti soul forgets his original form. As a result, soul recognizes himself as body. This is the stage of soul being unwise.
“NA TAM VIDATH YA IMA JAJAANANYUDYUSHMAKAMANTARAM BABHOOVA,
NEEHAREINN PRAVRITA JALAPYA CHASUTRIP UKTHASHASCHARANTI.”
(RIGVEDA MANTRA 10/82/7)
(TAM) that God (NA) not ( VIDATH) known (YAH) who (EMA) all worlds (JAJANN) creates and (YAT) from you (ANYAT) separate from other souls(YUSHMAKAM) from you (ANTARAM) with in all (BABHOOVA) is (NIHAREINN) fog like smoke (YAT) that God (PRAVARITAHA) covered (JALAPYAHA) baseless discussion (ASUTRIPAHA) satisfied only in Prann [breathing system] (UKTHASHASAHA) only paying lip service (CHARANTI) deals or behaves.
Meaning: Like an invisible matter which is covered with fog similarly dealing in only lip service and indulging in baseless discussion and are satisfied in their breathing system, Oh! Man-woman, you do not know the God who creates the five matters/universe and the God who is separate from other souls and who is within all.
Again, my blessings to you.
Hema: Thanks for the answer.
Swami Ramswarup: You are welcome, my daughter.