The Boy: Namaste swami ji, thank you so much for answering my previous questions. I feel very positive whenever I visit your website.
Swami ji i have few questions.
1. How to overcome Negative feelings like lack of motivation, depression and dwesha feelings towards others?
2. How to overcome low self esteem ? How to have high self esteem and confidence?
3. How to overcome a past mistake?
4. How to meditate on ishwar? Is doing Sandhya mantra enough for students . When doing sandhya how to avoid other feelings.
Swami Ramswarup: My blessings to you. You are welcome, please.
(1) To overcome the negative feelings there is only one process to gain eternal, everlasting, true Vedic knowledge. I mean to say all the matters of world including our human body have been created by three gunnas of prakriti i.e., raj, tam and satva gunn which are illusion and generate kaam, krodh, mad, lobh, ahankar etc. Our mann (mind) buddhi(intellect) are also made of prakriti, so have effect thereof i.e., of illusion. negative feelings are generated in our mind due to gunnas of prakriti and based on our previous and present life’s deeds –good or bad. Now, question arises how to overcome the negative feelings, same question was raised by Arjun to Sri Krishan Maharaj that his mind is not stable etc. Sri Krishna says- Oh! Arjun concentration of mind is achieved by daily
practice of Yog, Yajyen, name jaap and indulging in asceticism. I mean to say, daily practice is required and when mind (mann) wanders, it should be again fixed with in the agya-chakra i.e., within two eyebrows. Secondly, the main thing is that meditation is the seventh stage of Ashtang Yoga, to reach it, one will’ve to cross six earlier stages duly perfected therein. The stages are- yam, Niyam, asan, Prannayam, pratyahaar and dharnna. So, please also try to study Yog shastra (if you desire) and Ashtang yoga Philosophy mentioned therein, to do daily practice, to get perfection, as stated above. But one should never be demoralized. Secondly the said Vedic worship will never go in vain. It is counted in next birth and by this worship, a person gets next birth in better family where facilities to continue his worship exist (Bhagwad Geeta shloka 6/42 refers)
So, I mean to say, until a devotee starts real worship of God, the mind (mann) cannot be made stable and therefore as a result negative thinking can also not be overcome. Therefore, I would advise you to please at least start name jaap of God-OM, chanting of Gayatri mantra with its meaning word by word and daily both times hawan with Gayatri mantra. You should also read some Vedic literature and should try to spare time to listen to Vedic spiritual Cds containing bhajans and preach. List of books and cds is appended below out of which you can choose the material to study and listen, if you desire.
List of books is appended below, please —–
S. No. NAMES OF BOOK COST PAGES
1. PATANJAL YOG DARSHAN PT I 131.00 332
2. PATANJAL YOG DARSHAN PT II 300.00 295
3. VEDIC PRAVACHAN SANGRAH(Reprinted) 120.00 118
4. VEDIC SATSANG SANGRAH PT II 12.00 29
5. MANAV DHARAM SHIKSHA 21.00 88
6. ATMIK UDGAR 51.00 42
7. DIL SE DIL KI BAAT 21.00 20
8 YAJ KARAM SARVSHRESHTH ISHWAR POOJA 65.00 132
9. BRAHAMCHARYA DUKH NIVARAK DIVYA MANNI 100.00 173
10. MRITYU EK KATU SATYA 20.00 63
11. BHAJAN KIRTAN 40.00 64
12. SHRIMADBHAGWAD GEETA EK VEDIC RAHSYA (CHAP. 1-6) 400.00 739
13. SHRIMADBHAGWAD GEETA EK VEDIC REHASYA (CHAP. 7-12) 400.00 594
14. SANDHYA MANTRA 25.00 33
15. VEDIC PRAVACHAN SANGRAH PT II 120.00 124
16. SHRIMADBHAGWAD GEETA EK VEDIC RAHSYA (Chap. 13-15) 250.00 246
(IN HINDI 1-16)
17. VEDANTA & ETERNAL VEDAS’ PHILOSOPHY PT I 31.00 77
18. VEDANTA AND ETERNAL VEDAS’ PHILOSOPHY PT II 20.00 92
19. YOGA A DIVINE VEDAS PHILOSOPHY 65.00 123
20. VEDAS A DIVINE LIGHT Pt. I 80.00 190
21. PROTECT THE HOLY COW, SAY VEDAS 40.00 58
22. VEDAS A DIVINE LIGHT PT. II 121.00 279
23. VEDAS A DIVINE LIGHT PT. III 100.00 126
24. VEDAS A DIVINE LIGHT PT. IV 100.00 154
25. VEDAS A DIVINE LIGHT PT. V 140.00 104
(IN ENGLISH 17-25)
26. VEDA – DIVYA GNANA (TRANSLATED IN KANNADA)
(Originally in English as VEDAS A DIVINE LIGHT PT. I ) 120 202
LIST OF CASSETTES & CDs Sung by Swamijee
1. SANT VANNI CASSETTES (PT 1-8) 35.00 EACH
2. BHAJ GOVINDAM CASSETTE 35.00
3. VCDS VEDOIN KEE CHHAWON TALE PT1&2 50.00 EACH
4. ISHWAR KEE AWAZ SUNO (ACD) 36.00
5. SAB MEIN VYAPAK JYOTI EK (ACD) 36.00
6. SANT VANNI PT. 1-4 (ACD) 35.00 EACH
7. VALMIKI RAMAYAN (ACD) 36.00
8. ISHWAR BIN SUKH NAHIN (ACD) 36.00
9.SARVAVYAPAK ISHWAR MAHIMA SUNO(ACD) 36.00
10. SAB GOBIND HAI (ACD) 45.00
11. AMRIT VANNI VED 36.00
It will give you immense knowledge and with the blessings of God, you would be able to overcome the negative thoughts, depression etc., after sometime. In addition, you’ll have to learn and do Yogabhyaas i.e., asan, prannayam and meditation in the beginning. This is the way to make future bright.
(2) Reply as above.
(3) Reply as above. Here I would also like to tell you that study of books and listening of Cds will be very much beneficial for you, if you study and listen with full devotion and faith.
(4) Meditation will have to be learnt from a Yogi or learned of Vedas because it is 7th stage of Ashtang yoga. So, either you please come here or seek the learned acharya locally. Sandhya means to perform daily hawan with ved mantras, both times, with full concentration. So, you’ll have to learn the method of performing hawan with ved mantras, daily.
Priyanka: Is it true that astrology originated in the Vedas? If so, in which Vedas and which part? Does Vedas & Upanisadas approve of astrology? In which Vedas & Upanisadas we can find it?
Swami Ramswarup: Present astrology is not mentioned in Vedas. So, Vedas and Upnishad do not approve/promote present astrology.
Vivek: We would like to sell your titles through our portal as online partner/distributor.
Swami Ramswarup: Reply to your views is being sent to you, please.