Anonymous: Swami Ji Pranam, Swami ji I want to take one decision about my marriage that I want to marry a blind person. I received his profile through a matrimonial site. He is well-settled. I have taught blind people before and I feel attached to them.
Swami Ramswarup: My blessings to you, my daughter. It is said that society makes a man perfect. I mean to say, you have been teaching the blind persons so the society of blind persons has created emotions within you for them and hence your idea of marriage to a blind person is originated. This is not enough to live a long, happy life. If actually your love is not based on physical charm, but is based on soul to soul then your marriage to a blind person can only be successful otherwise not. In the married life several homework’s/duties are to be performed in which a blind person would not be able to discharge the same and ultimately if you at present think that the family duties of you and your husband would be discharged by you happily then your views to marry a blind person can be successful, otherwise not. In the society, someone can also make spending fun of such marriage and if happily you can bear the same then your family life will be happy otherwise not.
B B: Pranam, Guruji. Charan Sparsh. As per your teachings and guidance I have started doing asan and pranayam daily twice along with havan. On days when I reach late or due to other reasons, still I will try to do at least once on that day. However I have few questions to ask on this. So kindly request you to please guide me for the same.
1. How much time shall I sit on Bajrasan.
2. You have taught two types of pranayam. First is Normal one and another one of Stambhan ( to stop pran and do in the ratio of 1:4:2). Guruji, here my question is that in case of first one, how much time shall I do it. In case of second one you have told to start it with 11 and to increase it by 1 daily and so as to reach up to 80 say after 80 days. At present I have reached on doing 14 but on later stage while doing it, since I am using right hand, it (right hand) gets tired. So can I use left hand also or can change hands in between.
3. You have advised to sit on Sidhhasan up to 15/30/45 minutes etc. I am trying to sit firm without any movement but later on neck /back gets slight pain due to being in the same position. So whether say after each 10 minutes rest of say 2/3 minutes can be taken.
Every day after doing this worship I am seeking for God’s blessing and your blessings. I pray to God that I shall continue the same. Pranam.
Swami Ramswarup: My blessings to you, my son. I congratulate you for worshipping God based on Vedic tradition. Sure, Almighty God would bless you.
1. On Vajrasan, you must sit at least for ten minutes, daily.
2. I told you to do daily eleven normal prannayams continuously for a week. Thereafter, one prannayam should be added daily to reach eighty numbers.
In the second case of prannayam (Stambhak) only five prannayams are to be done daily for a period of two months.
3. Yes, while doing siddhasan or any asan or prannayam, in case you feel tired, you should lie on the ground in Shavasan to take rest. Shavasan means one is to lie on the ground like a dead body. My heartiest blessings to you, my son.
A K: I have extra copies of Vedic books and CDs. Can I give the same to someone?
Swami Ramswarup: Yes, please. You can give extra Cd/books to any needy person.