The sixteen sanskars are performed under guidance of a learned Guru who knows Vedas because in every sanskar the havan is perforemed with Vedic mantras. These all were performed in Satyug, Dwapur, treta yuga and too by Shri Ram, Shri Krishna etc.
1. Garbhdhan Sanskar --- which is performed just after marriage and before pregnancy to have a good baby.
2. Punsvan sanskar ---which is peformed just after pregnancy of second or third month.
3. Seemantonnayan sanskar ---in 4th, 6th or in 8th month of pregnancy.
4. Jaatkaram Sanskar ---just after birth of a baby i.e., the same day.
5. Naamkaran sanskar ---after 101 days of birth in which name of the baby is announced.
6. Nishkraman sanskar--- when the mother and baby comes out of the house. In the 3rd or 4th month totravel or to go anywhere.
7. Annprasahn sanskar--- in the 6th month of the baby after birth on the same day of birth. In this sanskarthe baby is allowed to take solid food because up to 5th month baby had been taking milk/water only.
8. Churakaram sanskar i.e., Mundan sanskar---in the first or third year.
9. Karanvedh sanskar--- ear piercing ceremony.
10. Upnayan sanskar i.e., allowing baby to go school first time.
11. Vedaarambh sanskar i.e., to start study of Vedas in 6to 8 years.
12. Samavartan sanskar--- i.e., the baby has attained the knowledge of Vedas. It is performed in the age of fourteen years.
13. Vivah sanskar i.e., marriage ceremony.
14. Vanprasth sanskar--- in the age of 51 plus.
15. Sanyas sanskar --- in the age of 75 plus or at any age when anyone becomes ascetic.
16. then the last, Anteshti sanskar when death comes. This sanskar is of dead body i.e., cremation.